London Tomorrow - How Do I Feel About It?


As you might have noticed on my Instagram already when I posted about it on one of my pictures and in my Insta Stories, I'm going to London for the London Edge this weekend and would love to share my thoughts and feelings which I have right now in mind. I'm texting with a couple of bloggers who will be there as well so maybe this will be really interesting to you, but also to the ones who follow us bloggers on the internet :)


Traveling has always been very hard to me, especially when I'm alone on my own or when it's a completely new country or place. This time I'm going there for the second time, what calms me down a bit as I know how to do all that airport stuff and how it feels like to be in such a huge city like London. You can read about my last trip here. Also one of my best friends from Hamburg is coming with me, what is more than amazing to me since we haven't seen each other in a long time and we always wanted to travel to places together. We had a phone call like one or two weeks ago and I was so spontaneous to ask him if he'd likes to join. I'm so happy that my true friends are so spontaneous and trusting about stuff like that. I can't really cope with people who don't know what they want or who try to get excuses for not going out and following adventures and dreams. This is why I have so few friends, but this is great since real friends don't come in hordes and I love the ones in my life even more. 

I have to say that I often try to run away from situations as well because of stuff like Agoraphobia and panic attacks but I always try to kick myself in the ass - like this time. And I tell you it isn't easy for me again. But it's getting easier and better. Have been to Budapest and Slovenia in the end of last year what was a huge success to me. And I'm proud about how I cope with it this time. And I'm happy that I can enjoy this experience with one of my best friends ♥

Now there's another thing that makes it really exciting and different this time. I haven't met that much bloggers which I know from the internet yet. Coming to the London Edge, I will meet literally all of them at once. All at one place. Surrounded by so much beautiful people who are so close, yet so unknown to me since I haven't talked to them in person. Imagine yourself in that situation. For most of you it might don't be big deal but for me it's like, damn. I don't want to think about it. And yes, this is actually what I try to do. I try to avoid thoughts on it. Planning situations and overthinking about happenings isn't the right way. It just stresses you out and you will get even more excited, what can easily turn into anxiety. I was texting with two really wonderful blogger friends which I will meet there for the first time as well. One of the topics which came in debate was what to wear on London Edge. Honestly, I didn't thought about that yet. I don't want to think about it. Till today, now where I have to pack my stuff as I'm forced to :D I struggle a lot with making decisions(Libra weakness) like to a point where it hurts. I had situations where I was thinking about my outfits so hard that I got headache, followed by stress what causes pimples on your face and a racing heart from panicking about the pressure. But this time I told myself, fuck it. Man, come on. Chill out. And this is what I told my friends too.
If you ever have an event or something where you "have" to think about what to wear, simply try to jump into the stuff that you feel most comfortable with and stay true to yourself. I know this is easy said and it won't cure everything completely. It's normal to be excited. But this is actually something that helped me personally. I'm wearing things which I connect with a special feeling. Like my favorite Ring from R+W, which is my travel ring and it feels protecting so it's always with me. Try to go for a key clothing piece. Something that you definitely want to wear and then follow your feelings to create a look. My rule is always to wear platforms since this is my kind of ground I'm walking on. Right now I struggle between two pair as I have a shooting with one shoe brand on Monday as well. And you know how big and mostly heavy platforms are so it's difficult to store them in your luggage but they are simply a part of myself. I'm limited on hand luggage that's the point. Regarding that, if you travel too it's the best if you combine comfy clothes with light but special things, in this case accessories. I will try to wear as much layers as possible to have more opportunities and to stay warm. One rule is also be spontaneous and remember beauty comes from inside. I personally don't like to follow trends or specific styles. I just want to stay true to myself. And if you feel comfortable in your clothes you will feel good and this feeling will shine through you! Remember we all think the same way ♥ Feel free to leave a comment in case you have tips for that, especially when it comes to travel packing :)

I hope this will help some of you and calms you down a bit. I'm really excited to see all the wonderful and creative people in person as well the brands who will be there. I don't know what to expect since I haven't been to the London Edge before like a lot of other bloggers too. But it will be great and I'm thankful to be a part of it this time! My camera will be with me so I capture the best moments for you to share them next week in words and pictures. Also stay connected on my Instagram for updates in my feed & story ♥


4 comments :

  1. It's so nice that you share your most inner thoughts. I hope you and other bloggers enjoy the London event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading it Diana! I will share my experiences tomorrow on here. It was so amazing really D: ♥

      Delete
  2. Ahh hun! I can't even tell you how proud and happy I am of you to be facing your fears and knocking them down one at the time! It really takes a great strength to do so and this post was so inspiring and I couldn't be prouder of you!! London may seem like a big and scary place at first but really it's wonderful and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here!! haha I love how you've talked about the struggle of choosing outfits! Such first world problems <3 I can't wait to meet you in London Edge this weekend <3 Love you and see you soon!!!
    Kinga xxx
    http://rockthisrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this reply comes late but I'm so super happy that I just went to see all of you beautiful people. Facing fears is hard but the more beautiful is the feeling you get after you let them go ♥ Can't wait to see you soon again babe xx ♥

      Delete